I am a first time blogger - an "old dog learning very new tricks". I have decided that if I want to keep up with my family and possibly friends that it is time that I joined the 21st century and introduced myself to new technologies.
I do not really know what I am doing and am hoping that I can enlist the help of my niece to make this something that they would like to read. Wish me luck.
I spent 40 plus years of my life typing and you would think that I would be more proficient than it appears that I am today. My favorite key appears to be the backspace key - I have a tendency to skip spaces and sometimes forget to put letters in the right places.
It is a beautiful fall day here in Baltimore Maryland; but it means that summer is over and soon it will be winter - the most dreaded season to my way of thinking. I loved it when I was very young and could play in it until my fingers, toes and nose turned bright red; but now that I am in the 60 plus era I have very little use for all that winter brings - snow, ice, freezing temps, etc. etc. etc.
I have been retired since March 2007 - at which time I had all sorts of plans of things that were going to be done. Travel being the biggest - but not ready to really do it by myself unless I absolutely have to - I am waiting for a couple of friends to get healthy so they can go with me. In the mean time I have stayed home and relaxed, gone to lunch with friends who are still working and handled a couple of small emergencies on the home front. As it turned out it was good that I was home so that the emergencies (fallen trees, leaky basements, plumbing going wrong) could be handled and more importantly paid for. My travel time will come, just not this year.
Time really goes by a lot faster now than it did when I was working. I guess it is because I don't pay attention to the clock and calendar as much as I used to. That is a really good feeling. The only way that I have been keeping track of the days of the week is by what programs are on the "boob tube" (as we called it way back when) at night. I am a big fan of Dancing with the Stars (because I wish that I had the wherewithall too float around the floor like that) and NUMBERS (because I like the logic of mathmatics).
It is time to go...it is not the best in the west just yet, but as time passes I hope to improve this blog and make it better, maybe even add some pictures and other interesting things. Time will tell I am sure.
2 comments:
Aunt Vicki,
Its Billy, Erin's husband. Great to see you are now in the world of bloging. It seems to hook people in different levels. Me I update once a week at best. Erin does a few times a week but Erica blogs almost every day.
Thanks for commenting on my blog
Wow It's great to hear about what going on in your life. where do plan to travel too? Ever been to Las Vegas? I don't know if you found my blog yet, theirs alot of pictures of the kids. My babies are getting big. Loved your blog.
Post a Comment